Content on this web site has been provided and/or reviewed by our Practice. We have reviewed site information and find it to be in accordance with the standards of the optometry profession in our jurisdiction. We strive to provide unbiased, accurate, timely and up-to-date information. The information on this site is not presented as a substitute for informed professional advice and does not substitute for consultation with optometrist or any other health and/or medical professional. If you have any questions about your individual situation, please contact your optometrist – your eye health professional.
The basic graphical template and parts of this website have been created by a Service provided by EyeCarePro and/or any affiliated companies. EyeCarePro and any of its affiliated companies do not endorse any of the products or treatments described, mentioned or discussed in any of the web pages, services or database information accessible within this website. Due to the possibility of human error or advances in scientific knowledge, EyeCarePro, and/or any commercial partners, their staff nor any other party involved in providing web pages, services or database information accessible within this website, warrant that the information contained therein is in every respect accurate or complete and are not responsible nor liable for any errors or omissions that may be found in such information or for the results obtained from the use of such information.
The material contained in this website, including but not limited to text, graphics, video, audio, trademarks and logos, includes that which is owned or controlled by EyeCarePro and that which is owned or controlled by third parties. EyeCarePro authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Material on the web site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The contents of this website are protected by copyright and other laws in USA, Canada and elsewhere.
Health information about you may be transmitted from this website to our practice. EyeCarePro does not permanently store nor use, transmit (other than for its intended use), record, or otherwise make any use of this health information. Website visitors are advised to read the Notice of Privacy Practices which describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information and/or to contact us directly.
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website. We use a service called AdRoll to collect your data.
Please note that this Privacy Notice only applies to data that we collected by AdRoll when you visit the Optix Family Eyecare website at www.optixeyecare.com.
1. About AdRoll’s Services
AdRoll provides targeted advertising services for advertiser clients (“Advertisers”). When you visit a website operated by an Advertiser or a third party site where AdRoll could serve an ad to you, like optixeyecare.com, we may collect your data. AdRoll uses that data as well as other data described below to help Optix Family Eyecare provide ads to you that are more relevant to you.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including survey responses
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at AdRoll.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
3. Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data (such as a customer lists) on your behalf.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Optix Family Eyecare, our Advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
- We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to third parties.
4. Cookies and related technologies
To get more information about the individual cookies dropped by our website, please see the Adjust Ad Preferences link on the footer of www.adroll.com.
5. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us through AdRoll: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won’t be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact email@example.com.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Data retention
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
AdRoll applies technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
8. International transfers
AdRoll may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when AdRoll transfers your information to other countries, they will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws. For example, if AdRoll transfers your information from the European Economic Area to a country outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as entering into EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
Pending further developments relating to the status of data transfers to the US under the previous Safe Harbor regime, to the extent they are applicable, AdRoll, Inc. (our U.S.-based parent company) will continue to comply with the principles of the U.S./EU and U.S./Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks regarding Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to the personal information it receives in the U.S. from the relevant European countries, effective as of the date its certification is posted to the U.S Department of Commerce website at http://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To exercise their rights under Safe Harbor or file a complaint, residents of those countries may contact AdRoll, Inc. as described below, and our Advertisers can log into their accounts to directly access and correct certain information they have submitted. In the event AdRoll is unable to resolve a disagreement with a covered European resident regarding the handling of his or her personal information under Safe Harbor, they agree to resolve the matter through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution / American Arbitration Association Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program (http://info.adr.org/safeharbor). To learn more about the Safe Harbor Frameworks, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
10. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with AdRoll generally, you can contact email@example.com.